The aims of this module are to:
• Explore different approaches to educational planning and policy issues.
• Consider the implications associated with designing and implementing educational reform, especially in a global context.
• Consider the influence and impact of international, national and provincial agendas at the local level.
• Analyze case studies and discuss issues related to language policies within global education institutions.
• Evaluate the impact of English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI) on the internationalization of education.
A. Critically examine theoretical perspectives on equity and diversity
B. Critically understand issues regarding education policies and Globalization
C. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the importance of change as a policy imperative in education systems
D. Demonstrate the ability to critically engage with regional, national and international education policy documents
E. Critically assess quality assurance systems in global education.
The teaching sessions are interactive and divided into two components: lectures and tutorials/workshops. The tutorials/workshops will build on the material covered in the lectures.